Well I was given the ingredients and cooked them up to produce a card for a special Mother.
Thursday, 28 February 2008
For this challenge I have coloured a butterfly sticker before placing it onto a green backing card, cutting out and then glittering. I then prepared a card blank with a navy paper and a green patterned paper and mounted the butterfly!
This weeks tanda teaser is to make a card from one piece of patterned paper. I decided on a spotty elephant card, I added some dotty ribbon and a few brads. I was certainly pleased to get this one finished as the dots played hell with my vision.
Thursday, 21 February 2008
For this challenge everything is done in shades of green, I inked the edges of a card blank, I then stamped a square of green paper with flower heads and mounted. I then punched flowers from a green vellum and joined them together with green floral brads. the finishing touch a green tag of course!
Thursday, 14 February 2008
For this challenge I stamped the elephant directly onto striped paper, just adding a little colour to his toe nails and tusks.
I then prepared a card blank with another striped paper, punched a circle and a couple of tags out of yet another striped paper and the final result "Simply Stripes"
Wednesday, 13 February 2008
I have been participating in the Tandastamps Miscellaneous challenges for some time now and the great news is they have now launched it for all bloggers with the new name Tanda Teasers. http://tandastamps.blogspot.com/
For this challenge I have used a basic grey design paper to cover a card blank, I have then rubber stamped my images directly onto the prepared card and coloured using perfect pearls. The finishing touch is a small sizzix die cut from a piece of old metal I found .
Thursday, 7 February 2008
Well I have to admit this one really threw me, geography not being one of my better subjects (dooh). Any way my husband advised me on what a vast subject I had to play with which only succeeded in throwing more (doooh). I ended up cheating and using the computer to find a couple of pictures I thought to be suitable.
Here it is!
I have been playing with making a scrappy card. It is one of my sons bithdays soon and he qualified as a carpenter last year so I am hopeful that this card will please. It was great fun to make using lots of scrap paper pieces, and some free worktop tags (fom the local D.I.Y shop)
Well I really enjoyed this challenge, I used to doodle all the time at school and when I first started work I used to doodle constantly while I was answering the phone, then I got chastised..."you are paid to work not scribble"... and there ended my doodling days......until now! I have used this challenge to make an anniversary card for my son and his wife....I am sure he will like the doodling!
Wednesday, 6 February 2008
For this card I used an old trusted rubber stamp, coloured, cut out and mounted on a blue metallic card, I then cut a tag from the same paper I had stamped the flowers onto and again mounted onto metallic before put them both onto prepared card blank with a pretty blue bow.
For this challenge I cut an oblong frame from silver board using the sizzix, I then embossed it with the cuttlebug swirls folder. I used a silver heart backing paper directly onto card blank, stamped coloured and cut out a dancing couple from my Tanda selection and then stuck them directly onto the backing paper. I then stuck the frame to the card front and cut to size. The scan does not do the metallics of this card justice, but it would be ideal for a silver wedding anniversary.
Sunday, 3 February 2008
I was really pleased with the end result of this one. I prepared the card blanking using a patterned paper from my "once upon a time" stack. I then stamped the image directly onto the floral paper, embossed and then coloured using sakura gel pens.
I have kept this one simple, I have used two rubber stamps. The 1st heart & flower stamp I stamped red onto white card blank & embossed, white onto red card, embossed and cut to size & mounted. The 2nd single heart stamp I stamped white onto red card, embossed and cut out and red onto white shrink plastic, cut out and shrunk. I stuck it all together and finished off with a little red bow.
This was a fun challenge from Theme Thursday and I enjoyed playing with it and giving it a little twist.
I cut a triangular card blank with a spare card front which I prepared with hand done backing paper and then adhered to the card front vie two sides thus making the top edge into a pocket to hold two triangular tags.