My youngest came home from Bristol to go out for a drink to celebrate his friends birthday and asked me 15 minutes before he went out to make him a birthday card......This is the end result and considering it took me all of 5 minutes I was really pleased with the end result. I am really enjoying playing with my new adirondak pads, they are so versatile! Thought I would share it with you all.
Thursday, 29 May 2008
I bought a set of tarot cards at a car boot sale some weeks ago for no other reason that I thought they were beautifully illustrated.....didn't know what I was going to do with them as I know nothing about tarot and am not in the least superstitious. This challenge solved a problem for one of them at least!
For this challenge I have used an old favourite teddy rubber stamp which I stamped onto a lilac paper, embossed and cut out. I then used patterned papers to cover the card blank and tied it all together with peel-off sentiments coloured with permanent pen.
I enjoyed this challenge very much.....Inspired by a card Wendy did earlier in the month I used adirondak ink pads and a sponge to colour around a template, I then rubber stamped the penny farthing greeting and corners. The finishing touch a brother emblem as this card is now on its way to my big brother in suffolk.....Thought it might remind him of his 1st bike....lol...
Wednesday, 28 May 2008
Well it had to be a Fathers day card for this challenge, made using a hamster rubber stamp heat embossed and then brayed over with an adirondak ink pad, the backing paper is also hand coloured and it is finished with a metal Father emblem.
For this challenge I have used some bright flowery backing paper and a new bird in flight rubber stamp. Simply rubber stamped the bird 3 times in different colours and heat embossed on to a band of card, scalloped the edges and placed diagonally across the card, a couple of paper flowers and greeting finish it off.
Monday, 26 May 2008
Not had a lot of crafting time over the weekend but thought I had better publish these 2 cards I have on order for Grumpy Jack & Ann, they get really upset if I don't publish cards I have made for them and given poor old Grumpy Jacks age I really don't want to upset him in case I give him high blood pressure!!!!
Thursday, 22 May 2008
Wednesday, 21 May 2008
As I said earlier I had a lot of cards to make for family use, I thought I would share some of them with you along with a couple of commissioned cards ( well 1 commissioned card but the chap wanted 2 to choose from )(( I must be a soft touch)).
Anyway I also wanted to share with you my baby brothers 40th birthday card, he is really going to love me for this one........(I don't think so) But seeing as he is sneaking off to Spain the day before I thought it would be rough justice!!!!
We all wanted a party!
Well I am not sure how many challenges I will be able to do this week, I have a lot of family cards that I must concentrate on, but I have done this challenge as it fitted in with a card I needed.
Simply made with rubber stamp and backing paper and a little wooden wheelbarrow button coloured & embossed.
Wednesday, 14 May 2008
Thursday, 8 May 2008
Well the caardvarks team picked the right week to set this challenge as it has been gloriously hot!
I had to feature a sun in my card and it just took off from there.
I rubber stamped the lion image directly onto the card blank and then used a sponge and various ink pads to
hopefully get a good effective backing, finally I mounted the sun, which I had rubber stamped, coloured then triple embossed using a little gold and a little mulberry embossing powder on the last emboss.
This was another fun make, the only issues I could see would be posting it as you do end up with one side a lot bulkier than the other, if it needed posting you would probably have to make a box for it to go in.
Any way I used orange and embossed black card stock to make the base card . I then rubber stamped and cut out 6 flower heads and punched out and embossed 12 leaves, I then assembled the card using some glittered ribbon to finish.
This challenge threw me a bit as I nearly always end up making cards that are 3D, I decided that something a little bit different was needed , so I have turned out a very old stamp that I have had for years and seldom used because of its size. What I have done is rubber stamped it twice onto brown card stock and twice onto pink card stock and then cut out each complete image ( handy its having a square border ) . I used one of the brown images to place onto the card front, I then cut the central circle from a pink image, the outer circle from a brown image and finally the leaf boarder from pink. I mounted them all up and then hi-lighted areas using sakuri pens. The photo dose not really do this justice but I think it quite a nice effect!
Wednesday, 7 May 2008
Well yet another week has passed and at last the sun has come out! I have managed a few of the challenges this week and hope to do a few more later.
I will kick off with the my time to craft challenge to feature ribbons:-
I must admit to doing a little re-cycling for this card as I cut up a very decorative box that my sons last mobile phone came in to make the tags and mount. I have then used a tanda stamps rubber stamp and white mulberry paper. The finishing touches being some white and black organza ribbon.
Thursday, 1 May 2008
For this challenge I have had a go at an 18th celebration card using my "arty farty" template, these templates are aptly named as they are real fiddly and time consuming but the end results are worth the effort! (I hope).
I chose silver as the 3rd colour and the glass is made from a shocking pink marbled plastic. They advise using acetate but I find this to be hit and miss, a lot of the acetate tabs snap off when you try moulding them, I have found embossed vellum works really well along with these plastic sheets ( sadly I am nearly out of them and cannot find a stockist)