It feels really Autumnal today so for this sketch I put to use a few metal leaves I got off an old bracelet along with leaf stamps and a mushroom and fern stamp.
Friday, 29 August 2008
I always enjoy doing sketch challenges and this one was no exception.
1stly I prepared a card blank with adirondak inks, a sponge and a tanda stamps flourish rubber stamp. I then cut out this cute image from an old postcard, mounted it onto a glitter card and then onto the card blank. To finish I punched out the poppies using a sizzix die & and some black brads & mounted using silicon glue.
Sewing is not one of my best abilities and so for this challenge I have cheated slightly and used a peel off stuck onto pink card and then sewn with burgundy embroidery cotton.
I then finished it off with a feather mounted it onto a square of white card which I had embossed with a cuttlebug folder and done a chain stitch around the outside before placing it all onto the prepared card blank.
Thursday, 28 August 2008
Just browsing the blogs and found this challenge blog, I made this card yesterday for my niece and decided it was just right for this challenge so here it is.
As is becoming my norm I used an encaustic backing and added the stamped, coloured, glittered & cut out image of the fairy as a topper. I think this is really girly!
Yet again I have combined rubber stamping with encaustic work....This time I used blue and green waxes to get a watery backing which I then rubber stamped the mermaid image using black stazon, I have then mounted onto a blue backing card before placing onto the card blank which I had coloured using adirondak inks and a sponge.
Not had a whole lot of time for crafting this week, lots of visitors over the bank holiday weekend and then I've had my Grand~daughter staying for a couple of nights.
I have managed to do a couple of the challenges how-ever and I will try to get around to the rest soon.For the Tanda Teaser Pretty Pink Challenge, I decided to make some pinks.......Firstly I coloured some photographic paper with pink wax, I then rubber stamped my flowers on to it using black stazon. I then cut the flower blooms out. The card blank was prepared with a pink patterned backing paper. I then mounted some pink card onto cream card rubber stamped the flower image again, coloured the leaves and stems and added a pink ribbon bow. The final touch was to add the blooms cut from the waxed paper with foam pads.
Thursday, 21 August 2008
Thursday, 14 August 2008
Wednesday, 13 August 2008
For this challenge I have tried something a little different and am not sure on how well it worked but I will display it anyway.
I used two card blanks, and used them to form a card that opens from the top to display a greeting tag and also opens as normal for personal greeting. And of course a lovely shinny button keeps it all together!
Odd how these challenges work out, I used a cat for one of the challenges the other day and today this challenge calls for cats......I have used a rubber stamp that I have had for simply ages, in fact I cannot remember where it came from but its quite a little cutie!
Sunday, 10 August 2008
Well I finally got around to finding a little playtime and have done this card for the Rainbow lady challenge, I do not normally use sheet decoupage but just loved this cute cat image!
I also done this dragon card for no particular reason other than I loved the decoupage and was really pleased with the encaustic back-ground. it reminded me of melted chocolate and given the title of the dragons book thought it appropriate!
Thursday, 7 August 2008
I had a bit of fun with this sketch joining two card blanks to make an overlap card. I used patterned papers, bronze card embossed with a cuttlebug swirls folder, a collage rubber stamp and sentiment rubber stamp. The finishing touches a couple of pearl buttons and a piece of red string.
Sadly it has not scanned too well but I think you can get the gist of it!
For this challenge I have sponged adirondak ink directly onto the card blank, I have then used adirondak ink in a different colour sponged through a stencil to give some flourishes, I then went around these with a yellow brush pen. I then simply added my cut out character.
Wednesday, 6 August 2008
Well I suppose we should be thinking about Christmas Cards even if we have not had summer yet....
I have used a new stamp which I purchased from ebay and am delighted with.
Cynthia I decided I like the stamp better without the arms but would love to see your take with it.
Well I have not had much time or inclination just lately for crafting, my husband gave us a scare with his health but thankfully it was not as sinister as it at first appeared so here I am back crafting with a vengeance.
For the first challenge today I have done the sketch on the Tilda blog:-