For my final card I have used an old favourite rubber stamp, stamped onto a coloured card & cut out. I then prepared the card blank with a funky backing paper, coloured the cats ears, nose, collar and crown using sakura glaze pens and mounted it all together.
Sunday, 28 September 2008
I have again used the challenge to make a card for a family member, this time for my grandsons 15th birthday. Not an easy age to make for and in the end I used peel-offs as I really haven't got a stamp I though suitable for a 15 year old male......I will have to remedy that soon!
I have opted for blue for this challenge, and have used a denim adirondak ink pad to stamp the image onto a piece of blue paper which I have then mounted onto a darker blue, I then prepared the card blank with dark blue paper, embossed a lighter blue paper with a winter scene, paper punched & embossed some snowflakes and completed with a blue coloured peel-off.
For this challenge I used adirondak inks with a sponge directly onto a card blank which I had put a couple of peel-off stickers. I then removed the peel-offs. rubber stamped a pen and ink image using black stazon and mounted a butterfly peel-off which I had attached to acetate, and decorated with gems and glitter.
What a great day I have had chilling out in my craft room and catching up with all the challenges.
The 1st being for the House Mouse & Friends stitching challenge. I have used the stamp directly onto card, water coloured, mounted & done a hand sewn zigzag boarder using embroidery cotton.
I then prepared the backing paper using a daisy stitch boarder & mounted it all together. The final touch a had written message.
Saturday, 27 September 2008
I have managed enough spare time this week to make one single card, and that was only because I had to make a card for a friends birthday, Any way I used the my time to craft challenge Blue as that seemed to be the challenge that most suited the card I had to make. I have checked out all the other challenges for this week and am going to have a crafting day tomorrow and try to get them all finished. So watch this space........
Meanwhile here is my blue offering!
Thursday, 18 September 2008
I wanted to do something a little bit different so for this challenge I have rubber stamped a ship onto a piece of encaustic work and mounted it, I also rubber stamped 2 ships wheels and cut them out. I then prepared a corrugated card blank and fixed it all together.
Sadly it has not scanned brilliantly!
Wednesday, 17 September 2008
This was a lovely sketch to work and I was just thinking of what theme to put with it when I had a call from my hubby to ask me to make a birth congratulations card for one of his work mates.
It fits the bill perfectly and yet again two birds with one stone!
Sunday, 14 September 2008
For the 2nd card today I have gone for a real abstract look and have used a silver mirror card to cover the card blank, I have then rubber stamped the abstract flower directly onto mirror card using black stazon and coloured some of the petals with sakura glaze pens before cutting out and mounting onto a piece of encaustic wax I had done . I think this fits in well for this challenge and although it is quite quirky I really like it!
I have managed a few more challenges this morning, ( how lovely it is getting up at 5 a.m. to craft in peace (truth being I don't seem to be able to sleep beyond that time these days )). The first is for the Cute Card Thursday challenge and I have fallen back on a favourite stamp for this challenge! It always reminds me of my sister trying on hats in Harrods!
Saturday, 13 September 2008
I liked the idea of making a card on a budget so for this challenge the cost was .09p for the card and envelope, no cost for the ribbon as that came off a pack of flannels I recently bought, no cost for the backing card as it was packaging from something my son bought, a fraction of the cost of a sheet of card for the stamped image and a few dabs of adirondak inks so I would say this cost approx .12p
Friday, 12 September 2008
This is the 2nd challenge with an autumnal theme, this time I have prepared a blank card with adirondak inks and a sponge, I have then rubber stamped some leaves using black stazon. The main image is a clip art which I have mounted onto a piece of encaustic work and then attached to the prepared card blank, the finishing touch a couple of metal leaves taken off an old bracelet.