Friday 22 June 2007

Daring Cardmakers Challenge "Tagged"

Yet another great challenge from:-http://www.daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/.

I had to take it further and made both cards from junk. The first card made was for a man, I used a newspaper t.v listing page as backing paper, a beer mat made the t.v. with a thumbnail picture from a cinema magazine, a piece of old wire made the Ariel, burnt matchsticks made the legs and shelf and a piece of a clothes tag made the dvd.~. For the flower card I used a paper bag (which had held my latest craft purchases) for backing paper, sweet wrappers (I had to eat 7) made the petals, the bottom of a red wine bottle cork made the centre of the flower ( you got it I drunk the whole bottle), a piece of rope from a label and a cut off from another label finished it off. Great Fun!


17 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Brilliant, both of them

Gillian .... said...

great recycling of stuff, both are great. have a good holiday :)

Sarah said...

Very clever!

Esther said...

Wow what amazing recycling projects you ahve made! Is the card made from recylced paper too? hee hee great work!

Jane said...

GORGEOUS ! WELL DONE.!

Sheila said...

Absolutely brilliant cards.

Rhi said...

Brilliant use of 'stuff'! Love the Jack Sparrow one in particular...

Rhi x

Lythan said...

wow amazing how good junk can look!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fab stuff!!!!
Im known as a magpie at work & they all bring me their old bits of ribbon & buttons..its fab!

Kathy said...

Brilliant use of the wastebin!

I love the flower, the sweet wrappers have the same look as the petals of a poppy with all the wrinkles on them.

The TV is very clever
Have a great holiday

Leigh said...

Great cards, well done. Have a great holiday.

Unknown said...

Wow! Fabulous!

http://freycob.blogspot.com

Rosie

Cheryl said...

Incredibly clever use of recycled materials. Love them both!

Gillian said...

heeeheee... You HAD to eat 7 sweets hey... and HAD to drink the bottle... I like your style Denise ;o)
Love your cards hun, the tv is just so fun, my boys would love that one, and I love the flower, very, very Clever!!!!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, you get an A+ for recycling. Hope you had a fun vacation

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Some great ideas Den! Love the telly one!

All of my Todays said...

2 great cards.
x